Thursday 10 November 2011

How did you find Grace?

That's a bit of a question, isn't it? My friend Carl from church asked it when he was giving me a lift home last Sunday. I hope everyone reading this has their own story as to how they've experienced the love of God in their lives. If not, the great news is that you can find it today - free! "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost." (Isaiah 55v1).

In actual fact, Carl was referring to the local church in Kempston, Grace Community Church! But it was a question that - even though I misinterpreted it at first - was a shot of spiritual adrenalin to me, and reminded me of the grace of God that is to be found in Christ Jesus alone. On Sunday eleven people were baptised at an afternoon service the church held in order to show that they too have experienced this wonderful mercy of God.

Finding a spiritual family at Grace has been one of the best parts of moving to my new life here. The training is progressing smoothly enough - with some 'natural hiccups' here and there! - but I'm realising that God is more concerned about the person I am becoming rather than the qualifications I am or could be achieving.

What kind of person are you becoming?

No comments:

Post a Comment