Wednesday 19 October 2011

Falling Asleep on the Pastor's Sofa

...is not the epitome of politeness, but once Ray saw I was nodding off whilst trying desperately to hold my attention together, he very graciously offered me some horizontal down-time.

Thanks to everyone at Grace Community Church, Kempston - it was a lovely day I had with you on Sunday, and I hope to have many more with you in the future.

It's been a return to the training since Monday - rope work back at Frontier to get me set up for climbing, abseiling and high ropes work. Processing all of that information has been a challenge for me, I have to admit. I remember when I was about 15 or 16 working at a corner shop, and failing to tie a knot around the returned newspapers and magazines, and the hoodoo has struck again.

Practice, practice, practice is the key. None of it is particularly intuitive to me, so it's a matter of recalling process and following it precisely - much like how I learned to cook, I suppose. I have to 'follow the recipe' - just with rope and caribiners rather than flour and butter!

Outside of work (it still feels odd to call it that!), I was back with BSM yesterday, trying to finish off learning to drive. It was my first time at 70mph - you can't really reach that on Streatham High Road. Got into fifth gear intentionally, for a change!

We've got a trip to the Peak District starting on Friday afternoon - first white water included! I got told not to tell my Mum that, but the cat's out of the bag already...

Thanks, everybody, for your thoughts, prayers, messages of support, phone calls, etc., etc. I'm going to keep needing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment